Faith and Foundation
Philosophy and Ministry
The foundation of our approach to ministry is to enter every relationship and life experience with the attitude of a learner, servant and storyteller.
We hold to the value of learning what God is doing in His world, coming alongside those God is working through and assisting them, finding opportunities to share our stories of faith and listen to the stories of others.
We believe the best way to truly trigger transformation is to first learn who they are and what they value, and then to serve, demonstrating care and concern in a way that preserves dignity.
All our mission experiences are designed to have a long-term impact. We believe that our mission experiences organize people in way that benefits their local and the world community at large.
Christ-Centered. We will live out our mission by modeling our actions and attitudes after the person of Jesus Christ.
Compassion. We care deeply about the needs of a hurting world, providing access to vital resources.
Servanthood. We exist to serve God and others in a spirit of giving, and empower others to serve.
Integrity. We keep our promises to each other and to the people we are called to serve, doing our work with excellence.
Partnering. We gain strength and insight from understanding, appreciating and respecting differences.
Stewardship. We acknowledge that all our talents and resources are given by God and belong to Him.
Learning. We are intentional about capturing and utilizing insights from our experiences and relationships.
Statement of Faith
We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church, the communion of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Furthermore, we believe:
- The Bible to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they that are saved eternally by the resurrection of life and they that are lost are separated eternally into the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ.